Student Health Advisory Committee
The volunteer members of the Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) work with UO students and the University Health Center (UHC) to provide the best quality health care and support. They promote public health policies and organize events and outreach to meaningfully connect the UHC with UO students.
SHAC meets every Friday during the academic year from 3:00–4:00 p.m. in the Ford Alumni Center, room 202.
Each year we need new students to participate in SHAC. The application period for the 2017-2018 academic year has now closed. Watch for our next recruitment in spring term 2018.
Peer Wellness Advocates
Peer Wellness Advocates (PWA) is a peer-to-peer volunteer organization that provides educational, non-judgmental health information and resources to the UO community. PWA is open to all students at the UO and facilitates health and wellness programs at the Duck Nest wellness center.
Benefits of being a member of Peer Wellness Advocates:
- Improved leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Volunteer experience
- Opportunity to make a difference in the health of UO students
- Being involved in social justice for health and well-being
- Skill development and career enhancement
How to become a volunteer:
Come visit us at the Duck Nest, EMU 041, chat with one of our current PWAs, and learn how you can get involved.
University Health Center greeters are part-time volunteer positions open to UO students. Duties of our greeters include:
- Helping visitors navigate the health center
- Guiding first-time patients on how to use the check-in kiosks
- Directing patients to the appropriate waiting area
- Helping students locate offices or departments elsewhere in the building
Interested students can contact Collene Bragg, UHC front office manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.