The University Health Center (UHC) will submit medical care claims for students enrolled in the following qualifying insurance plans:
- UO Student Health Benefits Plan
- Oregon Health Plan
If your plan is through other private insurance companies, UHC will courtesy bill only after you complete the billing consent form through myUOHealth and register your insurance prior to your appointment. Insurance companies will independently process claims per the terms of the plan and pay the UHC directly for approved claims. Any remaining charges should be paid through DuckWeb. Visit myUOHealth to register your insurance and complete the required consent forms (found under the "Forms" tab). If you have questions, stop by the insurance desk on the first floor of the health center.
It is very important that you keep your insurance information up to date to ensure seamless care.
What if I have a non-qualifying health insurance plan?
- If your insurance is not listed above, it most likely will NOT provide in-network benefits for your care at University Health Center. Call your insurance company ahead of time to ask about your out-of-network benefits at the University Health Center.
- After treatment, charges will appear on your student account, typically within two to five business days. If you don't have insurance, you are responsible for paying these charges. If you have insurance but haven't registered your plan with the UHC, we will not courtesy bill your insurance. It is your responsibility to submit the claim to your insurance. Obtain itemized billing statements to submit to private insurance by accessing your statement history through myUOHealth.
- Remember to bring your health insurance card (or mobile app) with you to your appointments wherever and whenever you access care, including pharmacy.
- Consider purchasing the UO Student Health Benefits Plan to have all of your billing handled for you, and to give yourself the best possible health coverage on campus.