Student Health Advisory Committee
Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) members work with UO students and the University Health Center (UHC) to provide the best quality health care and support. They promote public health policies and organize events and outreach to meaningfully connect UHC with UO students. SHAC members are also educated in UHC policy in order to effectively connect the student body with UHC. Members frequently communicate with the UHC executive leadership in order to give student voice to administrative decisions.
Each year we need new students to participate in SHAC:
- Develop leadership skills
- Get connected to the health of our campus
- Meet new people
- Help change the culture of health in your community
Want to know more about being a member of SHAC? Drop into one of our weekly meetings, meet the current members, and find out if SHAC is right for you. SHAC meets every Friday during the academic year from 3:00–4:00 p.m. in Allen Hall, room 140. We hope you stop by!
Peer Wellness Advocates (PWA) is a peer-to-peer volunteer organization that provides educational, non-judgmental health information and resources to the UO community. PWA is open to all students at the UO and facilitates health and wellness programs at the Duck Nest wellness center.
Benefits of being a member of Peer Wellness Advocates:
- Improved leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Volunteer experience
- Opportunity to make a difference in the health of UO students
- Being involved in social justice for health and well-being
- Skill development and career enhancement
How to become a volunteer:
Want to know more? Come visit us at the Duck Nest, EMU 041, chat with one of our current PWAs, and learn how you can get involved.
University Health Center greeters are part-time volunteer positions open to UO students. Duties of our greeters include:
- Helping visitors navigate the health center
- Guiding first-time patients on how to use the check-in kiosks
- Directing patients to the appropriate waiting area
- Helping students locate offices or departments elsewhere in the building
Interested students can contact Collene Bragg, UHC front office manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.