Student Health Advisory Committee
Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) members bridge the gap between UO students and the University Health Center. They promote public health policies and organize events and outreach to meaningfully connect UHC with UO students. Members take on a number of responsibilities while in SHAC:
- Promoting a diverse and healthy campus culture
- Advising the health center executive leadership
- Participating in community action projects, events, and outreach
- Representing the student body
Throughout the years, SHAC has helped launch the smoke-free campus policy, developed tours for the health center, has worked to implement a wellness vending machine into the EMU, and much more! This organization is a great way for students to meet like-minded individuals, grow as leaders, and make a lasting impact on campus.
SHAC meets regularly during the academic year. Recruitment for new members typically occurs in the winter, but guests are strongly encouraged to come and participate. Check out the SHAC Orgsync page for meeting dates, times, and location, and for more information. We hope you stop by!
For updates on UHC and SHAC events, follow us on Instagram and Facebook @UOSHAC!
Peer Wellness Advocates (PWA) is a peer-to-peer volunteer organization that provides educational, non-judgmental health information and resources to the UO community. PWA is open to all students at the UO and facilitates health and wellness programs at the Duck Nest wellness center.
Benefits of being a member of Peer Wellness Advocates:
- Improved leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Volunteer experience
- Opportunity to make a difference in the health of UO students
- Being involved in social justice for health and well-being
- Skill development and career enhancement
Want to know more? Come visit us at the Duck Nest, EMU 041, chat with one of our current PWAs, and learn how you can get involved.