Psychiatry Services

University Health Services offers outpatient psychiatric care focused on evaluation and medication management. Our clinical approach includes a review of previous treatment, a thorough diagnostic evaluation, and a proposed treatment plan.

Psychiatric services are available by referral only.  We recommend that referrals come from your established primary care physician, therapist, or psychiatrist. To appropriately coordinate care, UHS will need a release of information (ROI) so we can obtain records from your current/previous provider(s).

Non-emergency phone calls received by the psychiatry department after 4:00 p.m. may not be returned until the next business day.

Students may be referred to psychiatric providers in the community. Despite active recruitment, there is a shortage of psychiatrists in the Eugene-Springfield area. We recommend that students who are already being treated by a psychiatrist or primary care clinician remain under the care of their current providers if possible. 

Community Providers

PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center—University District

Behavioral Health Services provides inpatient and outpatient care by psychiatrists, psychologists, clinical social workers, licensed professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, registered nurses, and mental health technicians.

1255 Hilyard Street
Eugene, OR 97401

Lane County Behavioral Health

Encompasses a broad array of services and programs, including treatment for children, families, and adults.

2411 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Eugene, OR 97401

ADHD Management

University Health Services does not generally perform evaluations or prescribe medications for ADHD. Please contact your health insurance provider for an up-to-date list of providers covered under your plan.

If you are taking medications for ADHD prescribed elsewhere, we encourage you to continue your treatment relationship with your own physician, as health services clinicians do not provide refills for ADHD prescriptions originating elsewhere. Outside prescriptions, however, can be filled at the University Health Services pharmacy. Learning Disability (LD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) services are available through the HEDCO Clinic in the College of Education.

Learn More About Managing ADHD at the UO

Stress Management

Learning to manage stress can help you now as a student, as well as equip you to deal with life's challenges throughout your lifetime. Drop into the Duck Nest for free stress management and well-being workshops, yoga, and meditation.

Campus Resources

We all end up needing some help at one time or another, in various forms for different reasons. At the University of Oregon, you are not alone. Here are some places you can turn.