Sports-related injuries can happen in all sports as a result of accident, overuse, inadequate training or recovery, or improper use of protective devices. Common injuries involve the muscles, bones, ligaments, and tendons of the shoulders, knees, hips, ankles, spine, and other locations.
Some specific injuries include:
- Knee ligament sprains and tears and cartilage injuries
- Nerve compression injuries
- Shoulder dislocation and rotator cuff strains
- Elbow ligament strains and tears
- Ankle sprains
- Acute and chronic back pain
The road to recovery requires an accurate diagnosis and assessment of the severity of injury, a plan to decrease pain and increase function, and expectations on when it’s safe to return to sport.
Schedule an appointment with our Sports Medicine providers for a diagnostic evaluation and treatment plan to get you feeling better!