Taking on the world begins with taking care of yourself.
We provide a full spectrum of Travel Medicine services for students traveling abroad, whether for academic programs, for vacation, or for service learning and other opportunities.
If you are traveling through Global Education Oregon (GEO), they can provide you with information about healthcare requirements for your study abroad program.
If you wish to schedule a travel consult appointment, your first task is to fill out a Pre-Travel Worksheet in the myUOHealth portal to inform us of your travel plans. We will then contact you and discuss when to schedule your appointment. We will also provide a link to a Healthy Ducks Abroad learning module, which you will complete prior to your appointment.
We recommend scheduling your travel consult approximately six weeks prior to your departure.
All Travel Health appointments include the following:
- Review of the traveler's medical history and itinerary
- Review of immunization history and discussion of routine, recommended and required vaccines, all of which can be provided at UHS
- Review of Healthy Ducks Abroad learning module, which discusses health and safety while traveling, covering such things as insect precautions, sun protection, food and beverage selection, STI prevention, medical care while abroad, and general safety and security measures
- Completion of any required forms
- Some itineraries may also call for a prescription for anti-malaria medications, anti-diarrheal medications, and altitude sickness medications.
To obtain Travel Medicine services
- Go to the myUOHealth portal and complete a Pre-Travel Worksheet, found in the Forms section. Do this at least 6-8 weeks but not more than 6 months before departure.
- Once the Pre-Travel Worksheet is submitted, we will call you within five business days to discuss an appointment time. Please make sure your phone number is correct in our system so we can reach you. It helps if your voicemail is functional so we can leave you a message. If you have not heard from us in more than five days, please check your voicemail and/or call Clinic G at 541-346-2739.
- If we do not already have your complete vaccination records, upload them to the myUOHealth portal. Almost all vaccines can be administered at University Health Services (see below).
- Prior to your appointment, print your travel forms, complete your self-evaluation sections, and bring them with you to your travel clinic appointment. Bring a list of any medications, including over-the-counter medicines, and a thorough knowledge of your medical history.
Questions? Call University Health Services Clinic G at 541-346-2739.
University Health Services offers the following vaccinations for travel: yellow fever, typhoid, rabies, Japanese encephalitis, and polio for travelers. We will also review your routine vaccinations and make sure you are up to date.
Learn more about all vaccinations available at UHS.
Additional Travel Information
TripPrep.com—extensive information about destinations and health and saftey concerns
International Association for Medical Assistance to Travellers (IAMAT)—numerous travel health resources