The deadline for late waiver requests for fall 2021 is October 29, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. If you are granted a late waiver, you will not receive a refund of your administrative fee ($42).
The UO’s waiver criteria is strictly enforced. Before purchasing an alternative plan, please carefully review the waiver criteria.
Academic Year 2021–22 Plan Documents
The University of Oregon requires that all international students have health insurance to help cover unexpected medical expenses that may arise. This includes international students who are studying abroad or have an approved medical or vacation term. All international students are automatically enrolled in and billed for the UO Student Health Benefits Plan.
New international students must also complete an insurance compliance form prior to UO course registration. You can find this form or submit an insurance waiver request form through the myUOHealth student portal.
The University of Oregon is pleased to partner with PacificSource to offer a high quality, affordable health plan for the 2021–22 year. For specific plan details, review the following documents:
- 2021–22 Summary of Benefits and Coverage, International (PDF)
- 2021–22 Plan Summary, International (PDF)
- 2021–22 Student Guide, International (PDF)
- 2021–22 Adult Dental Plan, International (PDF)
You may also refer to PacificSource for additional resources, such as ordering an ID card or downloading the myPacificSource app. (Note: Once you have downloaded the myPacificSource app, create a user account searching by your UO Student ID number. You will then have access to your digital ID card).
Highlights of the Plan
- Excellent medical and prescription drug coverage for services at the University Health Center and with our local partners.
- Compliant with the Affordable Care Act—federally certified as Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC).
- Coverage anywhere: Your benefits tag along wherever you go, offering 24/7 emergency medical care and assistance anywhere in the world (excluding your home country).
- Coverage throughout the year—at school, at home, while traveling—our extensive network of providers keeps you covered as long as you are enrolled in the UO Student Health Benefits Plan.
- Affordability: low cost of coverage, co-pays and deductibles with caps on annual out-of-pocket costs help eliminate the stress of finding great coverage.
- Mobile apps to keep you connected and healthy on the move.
Cost of Plan and How to Pay
- The total annual cost is $2,988. This breaks down to $996 per student, per term ($229 per month, when comparing to other plans).
- The deadline for fall term premium payment is October 6, 2021, by 5:00 p.m. If you do not pay your premiums before this deadline, you will have an academic hold placed on your account and may be subject to a late-payment fee of $100.
- Charges are billed to the student’s account in three installments (once per term during the fall, winter, and spring terms).
- Student Billing (currently located in Oregon Hall) accepts cash, check, money order and online payments (which includes the use of credit cards).
How to Enroll Dependents
- International students are required to provide insurance that meets the UO standards for their eligible dependents who are with them here in the United States.
- Dependents cost the same per term/semester as students.
- To enroll a dependent, please login to the myUOHealth portal and complete the following steps:
- Click on the “Messages” tab.
- Click “Compose New.”
- Select “UO Student Health Benefits Plan Coordinator.”
- Use the Subject Line: “Add Dependent.”
- Send us a message being sure to include your dependent’s full/legal name, date of birth, gender, and relationship to you.
- All dependents will be verified through the Office of International Affairs.
- Dependents are not eligible for medical services at the University Health Center. Go to PacificSource to find an in-network provider.
If You Already Have Insurance
- International students are required to have insurance which meets or exceeds the university's requirements.
- If you have other health insurance, you may request a waiver. Be sure to carefully review the university's health insurance waiver criteria before purchasing any alternative health plan. If you are a graduate employee, you may now submit your Waiver Request Form through the GTFF Office.
- The waiver request form (step-by-step instructions available) can be found at myUOHealth, under the "Forms" tab.
- Incomplete or inaccurate waiver submissions will not be considered.
- The deadline for timely waiver requests for fall 2021 is October 6, 2021. If you miss this deadline, you may be eligible for a late waiver until October 29, 2021, but you will not receive a refund for the administrative fees on the plan.