If you do not have the UO Student Health Benefits Plan, the University Health Center (UHC) will submit medical care claims for students enrolled in the following insurance plans:
- Oregon Health Plan
- Other private insurance
If your plan is through other private insurance companies, UHC will courtesy bill only after you complete the billing consent form through myUOHealth and register your insurance prior to your appointment. Bring a copy of your insurance card to the University Health Center to register your plan, or upload a copy of your card to myUOHealth. Be sure to complete the required consent forms (found within myUOHealth under the “Forms” tab). Insurance companies will independently process claims per the terms of the plan and pay the UHC directly for approved claims. Any remaining charges should be paid through DuckWeb. If you have questions, stop by the insurance desk on the first floor of the health center.
It is very important that you keep your insurance information up to date to ensure seamless care.
What if I have an out-of-network health insurance plan?
- If your insurance is not listed above, it most likely will NOT provide in-network benefits for your care at University Health Center. Call your insurance company ahead of time to ask about your out-of-network benefits at the University Health Center.
- If your insurance is billed, please allow 30 days after treatment for insurance to respond. If no response is received, the balance is billed to the student’s account. If insurance pays in full, then no balance is transferred to the student’s account. If partial payment is paid by insurance then the remainder is billed to the student’s account. Any remaining charges should be paid through DuckWeb
- If insurance is not billed, charges will appear on your student account, typically within two to five business days. You are responsible for paying these charges.
- If you have insurance but haven't registered your plan with the UHC, we will not courtesy bill your insurance. It is your responsibility to submit the claim to your insurance. You may find itemized billing statements by accessing your statement history through myUOHealth.
- Remember to bring your health insurance card (or mobile app) with you to your appointments wherever and whenever you access care, including the pharmacy.
- Consider purchasing the UO Student Health Benefits Plan to have all of your billing handled for you, and to give yourself the best possible health coverage on campus.